Career Opportunities with the Global Heart Hub
About the Global Heart Hub:
The Global Heart Hub (GHH) is the first global non-profit organisation established to provide a voice for those affected by cardiovascular disease. We are an alliance of heart patient organisations, aiming to create a unified global voice for those living with or affected by heart disease.
Established in 2019 and based in Galway, Ireland, our aim is to unite patient groups and advocates from every country in the world under the umbrella of the GHH. Our combined mission is to raise awareness of heart disease and the challenges it presents in everyday life. The GHH is a platform for heart patient organisations to share their views, learn from each other’s best practice, unite on common advocacy goals, and share resources. We aim to increase awareness and understanding of the many heart conditions that exist, contribute to improving patient outcomes, enhancing quality of life, and optimising longevity and healthy ageing.
About this role:
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Communications Specialist who will lead the communication strategy and operations of the GHH, develop and execute plans and support our continued growth. This person will manage both internal and external GHH communications, across traditional and new media. They will develop and lead the communication activities around programmes and campaigns, including public awareness campaigns, council events, etc. They will drive online engagement for the GHH and support new, existing and prospective affiliates, building a community of patient organisations and patient advocates.
This position will report to the GHH Communications Manager. While GHH is based in Galway, Ireland, this position is open to remote working and we are interested in attracting a high-calibre candidate who is fluent in English, but who has proficiency in other languages.
The successful candidate must have at least four years’ experience working in communications, marketing, digital and social media.
- Demonstrated ability to support the development of communications plans, implement communications/marketing tactics and report out on results.
- Social media, research, writing, design, editing and reporting skills are essential.
- Experience in developing digital communications strategies across paid, earned and owned channels.
- Demonstrated proficiency in WordPress CMS and website management.
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple small or medium-sized projects simultaneously and complete multiple projects to tight deadlines.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and be a team player, work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and tact, with ability to handle confidential and sensitive material with discretion.
- Communications, marketing, business or bachelor’s degree or diploma in a related field preferred.
Considered an asset:
- Working knowledge of Adobe creative suite, photography and video skills.
- Multilingual skills.
- Healthcare communication and/or patient advocacy experience.
- Develop and execute the GHH communication strategies across digital, social and traditional media.
- Lead the development and execution of GHH awareness and advocacy campaigns, and be responsible for campaign reporting and analytics.
- Be responsible for the development and management of GHH’s social media channels, including content development, community growth, development and management, partner engagement, and reporting out on results.
- Design graphics and provide branding support on materials for communication campaigns, including social media graphics, infographics, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Develop email marketing campaigns including the GHH e-newsletter and support database management.
- Grow the GHH audience across digital social media channels and build community engagement online with affiliates using new strategies like private forums / groups.
- Maintain, update and drive traffic to the GHH website, including Resource section, Registration, news section, homepage featured section.
- Provide media support, including input on media briefs, press releases and media coordination.
- Utilize measurement/analytics tools to analyse web and social data, report out on results.
- Coordinate multiple projects and juggle competing responsibilities.
- Assist team with tracking and monitoring of budgets.
- Other duties as required.
Salary commensurate with experience. Full-time position. Applicants must be available to commence employment as soon as possible.
This job profile is subject to review in accordance with service developments and is neither restrictive nor definitive, but rather a guide to the general range of duties required.
To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday, August 11th, 2021.